Friday, December 30, 2011

Meet Brycen


































Brycen was born December 31, 2007. It was apparent from the moment he entered the world, that he intended to be seen and heard! Brycen was an answer to my prayers, and is so loved and cherished in our home among his other brother and sisters! He was definitely my challenge; always in the sink, toilet bowl, backyard hose, my makeup, paints, or any other seemingly exciting messy adventure! Brycen has beautiful blond, curly hair. It was the source of much laughter on several occasions! We often remarked about our "mad scientist", because when he awoke in the morning it would be matted in the funniest shapes, and we would all laugh when he walked out to greet us! How I loved running my hands through his curls! It always made me smile! Brycen never walked; he bounced! We nick-named him "Tigger", after the treasured and timeless childhood classics of Winnie The Pooh. Infact, right now there is a Tigger nestled right next to him! We purchased one for him, to keep him company on his many new adventures, and one for us so we could continue to remember our bouncing little boy as we continue on our journey here. Though his time with us was so very short, my heart could tell you volume after volume! The way his cheeks dimple when he smiles, how his eyes sparkle and shine; how he is all boy and loves to play rough and tumble! How he would run to the door with arms stretched up high, in anticipation of the loved one coming home! How he loved playing with his brother and sisters; especially little McKenzie (they were always partners in crime!) How he explored every possible messy endeavor! How he loved his daddy so! (mommy would do in a pinch, but daddy was always best)! and how he loved to have mommy sing him to sleep at night; and how mommy loved to cuddle and snuggle her perfect, blonde haired, blue-eyed angel!!

I do not speak of Brycen in "past-tense". To our little family he is still very active and very much a part of our every day activities! We pray for him every morning and every night. We talk about our memories and what we are looking forward to doing when we see him again--We have a lot of fun and exciting plans!! Our family now has our very own little angel who is guiding and protecting us from Heaven. We believe in life beyond what we can physically see, and we are working to be a family that will live and love together for eternity! We love our precious "Bubba", and hope to continue to become a family he will be proud to be a part of!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, he sounds SO much like my little man! William is into every messy adventure possible!!
    I really loved reading this, cousin. It really made me smile, I'm so happy to read such a positive and amazing post!! I believe very much that life goes on well past what we can see, and that our loved ones really do keep an eye out for us or stay with us and keep us company. Someday we will be able to see them all again, I know that in my soul. :) I have no doubt in my mind that Brycen is around here somewhere, playing with William. :) I love you cousin!!
    Lizz

    ReplyDelete